This is a teaching business along with the fact that I am in a wheelchair so the hours it takes us is not necessarily the hours we charge.
We charge the hours based on these different types of situations.
- If it is a standard procedure that a dealer has an hourly charge for , we have access to those by calling the dealer and compare the scope of work for the proper charge.
- A manufacturer of an accessory may recommend an hourly charge for installing there component based on their experience.
- There are some standard charges for some procedures that are similar from shop to shop. We use those rates if the procedure is comparable.
- Older and abused machines may prove to be more difficult than a new one to do similar work. Rust, wear and bent and damaged components may require more time consuming procedures that are accounted for based on the time it takes.
- Computer problems that do not provide codes without being attached to a manufacturer computer are charged out based on the situation. We can haul the machine to a dealer and back to get the problem diagnosed. The dealer charge and a reasonable charge for our hauling services is recovered from the customer.
- Rates for some machining procedures are standard such as boring out a cylinder. Other procedures are based on the real time. We are not a machine shop, and we charge out based on the rates from the shop we use.
- All local parts and accessories are sold based on retail prices or, if available a discounted price when available.
- All imported parts and accessories are sold based on the total of all charges, including shipping, duty charges, plus a handling charge.
- Special services required such as boring, injector cleaning, machine shop services etc. are charged out based on the retail prices for the service, or the total of the services plus a handling charge.
- In some cases it is necessary to have your machine delivered to a dealership to be hooked up to a computer for issues that we are not able to decipher without that service. In these cases we work with our customers to find the best possible solution based on their situation.